Ajuntament d'Andratx

Home -> The Municipality -> Naturals spaces  -> La Trapa

La Trapa

Back Print

Panorámica Trapa

The Natural Reservation of Trapa is a property located in the Southwest end of the mountain of Tramuntana. Receives this name soon after the presence of the monks trapenses who settled down in the valley, toward the year 1810. During their stay, they built a monastery, they created a system of provisioning of water by means of reception mines and they built patches and walls, following the traditional technique of dry stone.

La Trapa, its possible to find elements of traditional architecture as are the houses of the old monastery and remains of a chapel, the mill, the was ... But, important visit is the mirador, a balcony exceptional with a view to the Dragonera Island, which it seems to be a dragon leaving the sea.

The preservation of the Trappist Monastery runs in charge of the environmental group GOB, which acquired the farm in 1993 by popular subscription.

Date of last modification: 2 of septiembre 2011 at 10:52

It can interest to you...

BOTON ACCESO DIRECTO CERTIFICADOS VIAJES boton accesos tramites Ir al Blog de Deportes boton acceso directo biblioteca normas urbanisticas 2007 senderismo watch about boton acceso directo farmacias

Ajuntament d'Andratx -  Av. de la Curia, 1 . 07150 Andratx
Telephone: 971-628000 | Fax: 971-136552
Email: sac@andratx.cat